Spirit of Kirtan
Singing simple Sanskrit mantras as a means to integrate the knowledge of joy and freedom into our direct experience.
Kirtan is not about performing, rather it heals the past impressions that have been built in the mind due to the pressures to perform, to succeed, or to impress others.
While living in India, Shikhaa and Mayank studied Indian classical music and joined many kirtans sung in temples all over India. They bring this lightness and joy of singing in their retreats.
Kirtan simply uplifts the spirit, through the powerful resonance of the Sanskrit sounds ones entire body can be transformed. At the end of the day, the community gathers, the guitars and drums come out, and the program is completed with a celebration of the purpose of life – to live in love and joy.
Benefits of Chanting
• Reduces anxiety and agitation
• Nurtures an overall sense of well-being
• Strengthens your spiritual connection
• Helps you find and refine your voice
• Increases your breath capacity
• Cultivates inner strength
• Improves your capacity to listen
• Refines your communication skills
• Brings about energetic balance
• Improves your memory
• Builds mental discipline